Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Creativity and New Media

One of the main new media channels that fosters my creativity is Pinterest. When I was younger and traditional media dominated new media, I used to cut out images and quotes from fashion magazines and create collages for inspiration. These collages consisted of outfits, role models and other images that would remind me what makes living worth it. I would use these collages for binder covers, as posters around my room, and make them with my friends as gifts for mutual friends.

Now, Pinterest gives me a similar outlet in my life. When I see something inspirational on the Internet, I pin it to one of my Pinterest boards. These boards are now a collection of things that I love and challenge me to chase after my dreams. I've also used it to collaborate on two separate weddings in the last year with other bridesmaids, pinning ideas for wedding decor, music playlists and dress ideas (these boards are private at the brides' discretion).

If you'd like to see my Pinterest, you can find it here.
I hope it fills you with joy and reminds you to chase after your dreams.

1 comment:

  1. I have a pinterest too but it had never occurred to me that pinterest is just like a collage. I agree with you because we use our creativity to compile things that we love. Pinterest is definitely a new media tool that contains a lot of freedom and room for creativity.

    ReplyDelete